Friday, March 25, 2011

March25 2011

The smart board for math was really great information. I like using the smart board and I see that the kids really like using it as well. I'd really like the opportunity to learn and play with a smart board on my own so I can figure out how to use the smart board and all of it's functions. I think that if your very comfortable with technology you can utilized all of the functions more effectively for you teaching. The smart tech exchange on the web site seemed to be a good idea for people to exchange lesson ideas with other teachers.

(www.exchange.smarttech.com)

The comic life tools looks like a great idea. I think that kids would really love to use a program like that for story telling, or presenting information in a project. I really like the different styles for presenting what you know, it makes the projects seem more interesting and fun to do. The point raised that technology engages students is so true. I feel that when I write papers using different formats, I feel more engaged in what I'm doing. I've also noticed that in the classroom when kids are using technology they too are more engaged. You just have to ensure that the students are on task, but by allowing them to make decisions about how they will express what they know and what technology they want to use or not use, when given the choice students can be empowered over what they are doing.
Throughout the presentation I kept thinking of great ways the I could use comic life in various class rooms that I may be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment