Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21 pro sem

The conversation today was linked to my inquiry project about media literacy. It was funny to listen to everyone talk about the social impacts of the use of technology, and that we should be teaching the students the ethical use of media and technology. I just finished writing my paper about the effects of media and that there are positive and negative effects of using media. By teaching students how to deconstruct and critically analyze media we can better construct meaning from our media exposure. This was very reinforcing the importance of my inquiry project.

I also started a twitter account today because we were asked to do so and I've been throwing the idea around for some time now so I'm happy about it. I think I'll give it a chance for a few months and see if I find it useful or not. One useful tweet I found was following CBC in french, I've been trying to improve my french for some time now and I thought this would be a good way to read french every day might help with the vocabulary part of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment