Friday, March 11, 2011

March 11, Our showcase presentation

We had a show case prior to ours today and it was great because it was about making movies on xtranormal. I've been trying to find this site to show my son because I've seen movies made on this site before and loved them and I know that my son would really like to make these types of movies. Then we did ours on podcasting. I've learned so much and have had a lot of fun making podcasts. I've made two so far that I've posted to my site, which is linked at the bottom of this site. I'm not too happy with my portion of the presentation. I really thought I had it all ready for my part today but forgetting to change the file to an mp3 really threw a curve ball at me because then I had to do that in front of the class. I guess it was good in a way as well so that I really make sure that I have things prepared properly for my teaching. I actually practiced last night but I didn't want to have too much done so that I couldn't show everyone how to do it, but then I still forgot to do a step anyway. Oh well, thanks to Sean for knowing more than me so we could still figure it out. The following is our presentation about podcasting.

2 comments:

  1. Meredith,

    I just finished my showcase presentation and I can relate in that it is intimidating to stand up and present in front of your peers, especially when things don't go as planned. I found your presentation helpful and I appreciated that you made a mistake as now I know to make the file an MP3. I learned from you and I can see that you learned as well. Isn't that what it is all about? You handled the situation gracefully.

    Thank you for your wonderful presentation.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jen - you handled the pressure of a live demo well and taught us all how to work with the software by experimenting and trying things.

    ReplyDelete