Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Drive

I just finished reading, well listening, to the book Drive By Daniel Pink. The book is about motivation and how humans are naturally intrinsicly driven to be productive and creative, and that the world we live in is focused on externally rewarding people for work or products which is squashing our ability to produce and be creative and to achieve mastery. I thought it was a really good read/listen and could be very useful as new teachers. I can really see the benefit of schools embracing this philosophy, from the top down. If anyone else has read or listed to this book I'd be curious to hear what you think about it.

1 comment:

  1. I discovered Daniel Pink last week! Watch the RSA animation I pasted in for you. It's awesome. Can't wait util I have some time to read his book - jennSB
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc

    ReplyDelete