Monday, January 24, 2011

Google DOC's and Story telling

Wow, I too love the Google Doc's stuff! It's pretty easy to use and I love that it is at your fingertips when ever you need it on what ever computer you have access to. The Forms document will be really great. I just want to make up some survey or something just to try it out. I think that it will be great for use by students and throughout the school by the staff as well. The ability to collaborate without meeting face to face seems to be what people want in our society today. Kind of sad but true.
I also really enjoyed the prezi (sp?) site as well. I like the presentation in a non-power point style. I'm a bit bored with the same old style, and this is just a new and different way to see a presentation.
I really like the idea of the story telling work. I think that a lot can be learn through story telling. Whether it is about yourself or about another topic the idea of learning something and telling someone else via a story is a great learning experience. Darcy's presentation of the class that he is taking was very interesting. The class seemed like it was more for people just taking it for fun. I'm not convinced of the lack of structure of the assignments and the assessment of it. I'm open to learning more about it though because I think if the student were allowed to make up their own assignments in high school they might be more engaged in what they were doing. Perhaps you could have some loose parameters  that the students had to follow just to ensure that curriculum was met, other wise the students had the freedom to display their learning as they chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment